Tuesday 14 February 2012

English Class...

I don't know about you, but when you were small many of us liked to read. For reals. While I still read, I'm not as an avid reader as I was before. However, there is one thing I have to disagree with about the Novel Studies that we do during English Class or otherwise known as Language Arts. These 'Studies' involves an 'indepth' look at a novel. While usually these novels are of a decent entertainment value, the way they are presented suck out it's interest factor. Because I was an avid reader I still appreciate books however, many of people won't thus, presenting them in an utmost boring educational matter is not helping people get into reading, neither is the way you want us to analyze the text. It almost pretending the book is a riddle comprised of symbolism and allusions put into the literature by the author in a thoughtful and meaningful way. However, while I do know and believe that some of this symbolism and allusions were thought of purposely, I think that the author's instinctual mind have set the other allusion automatically. English class needs to focus more on creativity of writings rather than indepth analysis of brain dead topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment